This terms and conditions were last updated on 27 November 2020.
In these terms and conditions, “us”, “we” or “our” means BDH Pty Ltd ATF BDH Business Trust, trading as Blyth Breakout, the operators of this website.
When making your booking with Blyth Breakout or accessing and using our facilities you acknowledge that you have understood and agreed to our terms and conditions.
Condition of entry
You have read, accepted and will comply with our terms and conditions and will sign and electronic waiver prior to using our facilities.
Late or no-show
Our games run to a strict schedule, if you are late to your booking, any time exceeded past the start time of your game will be deducted for the time allocated so we can maintain our schedule. If you are more than 30 minutes late, your session will automatically cancelled and no refund will be given. If you do not show for your booking, no refund will be given.
We may refuse entry to you or any member of your group if it is deemed that you or any member of your group are a danger to yourself, others of the Blyth Breakout staff or facilities and/or are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
We’d love you to shout it from the roof tops and tell all your friends how great your experience was but it is essential in order for them to have just as great a time that you keep confidential the details of your experience. Without our permission you agree not to disclose any technical, business or game experience details including but not limited to clues, puzzles, puzzle paths, number of rooms in each game, how any aspect of the games function, room design, puzzle solutions, photos and/or videos. No photos or videos are to be taking inside the games. Confidentiality is key to the continued experience of others.
We put a lot of time, effort and money into designing these game experiences and as such all aspects of the game are property of Blyth Breakout including but not limited to the game itself, the puzzles, puzzle pats, room designs, imagery, content and any other information. You may not reproduce, copy, translate, publish , transfer, adapt, reproduce, sell or distribute and information, proprietary or otherwise without our written consent.
We are not responsible for any loss or damage to you or your property however you agree to be liable to us for and damage or loss caused by your actions as a participant where those actions are not in the normal scope of game play or where it is caused by you to another persons property.
Playing the game
- Common Sense – to ensure your own safety and that of others, please use common sense at all times
- Game masters – we assign a game master to your game, they are there to guide you but do not guarantee you will escape, succeed or even have fun, that’s up to you.
- Game play – Brain over brawn, there are very little physical solutions to any of the games, it’s all about using your brain. Excessive force or physical activities like running, climbing, jumping, or hitting is not required. Use of inappropriate, deliberate or excessive force may result in the termination of your game without refund and you may also be liable for any damages or loss.
- Safety on site – you will follow any instructions as directed to ensure your safety, comply with safety signs in the venue and at all time act in a safe and appropriate manner
- Health conditions -you are aware that participation in games at Blyth Breakout will be appropriate to your fitness level. If unsure of safe exertion level for your fitness level, you will not participate in games. You acknowledge that there is a requirement before play to bring to the attention of Blyth Breakout staff any impairments or disabilities physical and psychological or otherwise that you may have. In the event of injury, Blyth Breakout reserves the right to call an ambulance on your behalf, at your cost.
- Dangerous items – no dangerous items such as sharp objects, matches, lighters are permitted in the rooms, they are to be stored in the lockers provided on site.
- Mobile Phone – no mobile phones permitted in the game play areas and rooms, they are to be stored in the lockers provided.
- Smoking – no smoking anywhere in the building.
- Personal items – all personal items will be required to be stored in the lockers provided.
- Food and Drink – no external food or drinks permitted at any time unless by prior approval by us.
Refunds and Amendments
Bookings are final, no refunds are offered. We can offer to reschedule your booking with a minimum of 48 hours notice. Any request to reschedule with less than 48 hours notice may be refused and no refund given. Should it be necessary for us to change your booking, we will contact you to reschedule, if a rescheduled time can not be arranged a voucher for a future booking to the equivalent amount of the original booking will be provided.
Vouchers may be purchased and will be valid for three (3) years from date of purchase. Vouchers are non-refundable. Bookings made using a voucher are subject to the same conditions for refunds and amendments.
CCTV is used through out the site and in all the game rooms. This is an integral part of ensure the game play runs smoothly. You consent to the use of CCTV surveillance to assist with the game play experience, for your own safety and for the use in any claims when necessary for damages to persons, property or facilities.
Social Media and photos
Should you allow us to take photos of you, you consent to these images being used across our various social media, websites and for any other marketing purposes.